2024 Year of the Dragon Festival at El Presidio de Santa Barbara State Historic Park
2024 is the Year of the Dragon! Celebrate and support Santa Barbara’s Asian American and Pacific Islander communities at the Year of the Dragon Festival, commemorating the Lunar New Year. The festival will be held this Saturday, February 10th, from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the El Presidio de Santa Barbara State Historic Park.
What to expect at this year’s event:
- Beautiful art by local artists, including a new mural from DJ Javier and an art exhibit co-curated by Kai Tepper and Meiya Sidney.
- Free walking tours of the Presidio neighborhood that delve into the rich history of Santa Barbara’s Japanese and Chinese communities.
- Shop local from AAPI artisans and small businesses at the outdoor Dragon Market.
- Enjoy tons of free activities, craft tables, cultural performances, and music from DJ duo Hi-Beats.
- Delicious food from pop-ups by Your Choice Thai Restaurant and Creaminal. Click Here to see our interview with Piti Sukavivatanachai, owner of Your Choice and Creaminal.
The Year of the Dragon is said to bring strength, wisdom, and good luck. We wish everyone a joyous Lunar New Year and a prosperous 2024!
Located at 123 East Canon Perdido Street. Free parking in the parking lot at 117 East Canon Perdido Street and behind Panino at 834 Santa Barbara Street.
Click Here for more info.